Disease Management Program
Information and support for specific health care needs.
If you're one of the millions of Americans living with a chronic condition such as Diabetes, Asthma, or Hypertension, the Aetna Health Connections program can help. Because many people have more than one chronic condition (often interrelated), the program provides information, support and guidance for 35 conditions.
You can get solid support managing your condition with the disease management program. And it's included with your Aetna health benefits and insurance plan, so you can start living healthier today. You'll learn how to:
- Manage your condition
- Lower your risks for new conditions
- Work better with your doctor
- Take your medicine safely
- Find helpful online and community resources
- Support for more than 35 conditions…including diabetes, heart disease, cancer, low back pain and digestive conditions. Your condition is likely covered, too.
A program that's about you, not your condition Your condition isn't unique. But you sure are. So this program is designed to help you control your condition in ways that work for you.
- Work with a nurse when it fits your schedule
- Take online disease management programs, if available, to boost your nurse coaching sessions
- Interact with the program online, by e-mail, or by phone
Get started by calling 1-866-269-4500.
To learn more, log in to your secure member website at www.aetna.com. Then choose "Health Programs," then "Disease Management."
Also, click here (Disease Management PDF) for more information.
Clinical Policy Bulletins
Aetna Clinical Policy Bulletins (CPBs) are detailed and technical documents that explain how we make coverage decisions for members under our health benefit plans. They spell out what medical, dental, pharmacy and behavioral health technologies and services may or may not be covered.