Informed Health® Line
Talk to a registered nurse – Anytime 24/7 at 1-800-556-1555
While the nurses aren't authorized to diagnose or prescribe, they can:
- Answer health-related questions.
- Help you decide whether or not to go to a hospital emergency room.
- Tell you about simple steps you can take to address a health problem until you can get to the doctor.
- Help you understand health issues and treatment choices.
- Give you some good questions to ask your doctor.
- Provide information about the latest research on certain treatments and procedures, and explain their risks and benefits.
The nurses can help you make sense out of your choices and communicate better with your doctor. They'll give you the facts you need to make health care decisions and choices with confidence.
Informed Health Line also includes an audio health library that gives you an easy way to access reliable health information by phone, 24 hours a day. The library contains hundreds of topics in English and Spanish. With the audio library, you can listen privately to information on sensitive health topics. You can be connected from the audio library back to a registered nurse at anytime.